Join a winning team today!
MetCredit is seeking a full-time Estate Legal Admin/Collection Specialist in our busy downtown Edmonton office. MetCredit is the leading debt recovery agency in Canada with offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Mississauga, and Montréal.
The successful candidate will begin as an Estate Legal Admin and gradually build up to becoming a Collection Specialist.
The successful applicant should possess the following qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail and solid follow-through capabilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to deal with sensitive and difficult client situations in a gracious and professional manner
- Working knowledge of legal documents such as wills, trust deeds, and powers of attorney
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Comply with industry provincial and federal legislation
The Estate Legal Admin/Collection Specialist will be responsible for:
- Draft notices, court documents and orders for partial distribution
- Prepare correspondence to estate representatives including solicitors
- Prepare legal document and disallowance of claims against estate
- Monitoring for creditor notices and filing
- Review, sort and save incoming correspondence
- Prepare newly assigned accounts for estate agent to initialize contact
- Use tools such as letters, skip-tracing, auto-dialers and call strategies to maximum contact and performance
- Negotiating repayment options on overdue accounts of deceased clients’ debts with authorized representatives of the estate
- Talk to family/friends of the deceased in a caring and empathetic manner
Experience with third-party collections, estate collections, financial services, sales, legal administration and call centers is an asset.
We offer the following benefits to our valued employees
Conditions of Employment:
- You must have a valid work permit, have permanent residency, or be a Canadian Citizen
- Be available for full-time work
- You will undergo a criminal records check
Our staff gets paid on-the-job training to understand client directives and policies as well as industry legislative guidelines to which we strictly adhere. Most importantly, we believe everyone deserves to be treated with courtesy and respect at all times. At MetCredit, our code is central to everything we do:
MetCredit Code of Ethics
- The individual must be respected at all times.
- The customer must be given the best possible service.
- Excellence and superior performance must be pursued at all times.
We Invest In People – Apply Today
As a company we invest in people and we invest in technology so our company runs smoothly for our staff and our clients. Our people investment starts with our hiring process. We’ve crafted videos of typical problem solving scenarios and we’ve added the HEXICO personality test which gives you results (we don’t see them) that provide you with valuable insights about yourself.
Not sure if you should apply?
Before formally applying, try our quick quiz to see if you would make a good collector.